Page modified at: 02/03/2010
Step By Step Guide to ordering and registering an STI Test Pack
1. Order your STI Pack Online
The pack is dispatched in a plain envelope with no identification of the sender or its contents on the outside.
Make sure you are clear if you are ordering a Urine Test Pack or a Blood Test Pack or Combo Test Pack.
2. When your receive your pack - register it online.
You will be asked for the pack number and to complete a short Sexual Health Questionanire, a copy of which is included in the pack.
3. We will then send you your unique Innermost Secrets Reference Number.
It is important that you record this number and your date of birth on the sample containers and postal pack. These are the only pieces of information the laboratory will provide us to allow us to link the results to you. This however preserves your confidential identifier information.
4. Label the Urine Sample or Blood Sample Container with your Innermost Secrets Reference Number, Pack Number, DOB and Date of Sample
5. Wrap the filled Urine Sample or Blood Sample Container with absorbent paper provided.
6. Place the filled Urine Sample or Blood Sample in the Plastic Transport Container. Ensure the lid is on tightly
7. Label the Laboratory Request Form with your Innermost Secrets Reference Number, Pack Number, DOB and Date of Sample
8. Place the Plastic Transport Container and the Laboratory Request From in the Prepaid Postal Jiffy Bag
9. Post the sealed prepaid Postal Jiffy Bag as soon as possible after the sample is produced.
What do the packs test for?
The Urine Sample Test Packs test for Bacterial Vaginosis , Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Herpes Simplex, Mycoplasama , Trichomonas, Ureaplasma
The Blood Sample Tests Packs Test for HIV (AIDS), Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Syphillis
Results are usually available within 7-10 days by the method you have chosen but if you have not had your results within 2 weeks then contacts us dierectly
What if the results are NEGATIVE?
If the results are NEGATIVE we will notify you by your chosen method.
Remember if you have recently been exposed to the risk of a Sexually Transmitted Infection it may not have had time to show up on blood and urine testing
You will not require a consultation but we would be happy to arrange one if you wish to discuss them or any other issues or concerns.
What if the results are POSITIVE?
If the results are POSITIVE we will notify you by your chosen method.
We can then arrange for a private consultation or you can make your own arrangements for further management and treatment as you wish. Alternatively you can contact your nearest NHS GUM Clinic - a full list can be found on our main website www.innermostsecrets.com in the Sexual Health section.